CyBlock Software Support
Welcome to the CyBlock Software Support Center!
Here, you'll find links to product support, customer
support, Wavecrest's online user forum, and other useful
New Release - Version 9.2.3 for CyBlock Software Now Available
- Logon Accounts. The following features have been added:
- When creating a logon account:
- The Full Name field is now optional. Previously, it was required.
- An e-mail is sent to the account user indicating that the account was created and providing logon information.
- If the logon account was not created with Active Directory, a temporary password is provided which needs to be changed after the initial logon, before the product can be used.
- Users can now log on with their assigned logon name or e-mail address, or network credentials if you are using Active Directory.
- When modifying a logon account:
- If the Generate New Password option is selected, a Password Reset e-mail is sent to the user with a temporary password. The user will also receive a Password Changed e-mail after changing the password.
- If the e-mail address is changed in the logon account, the user will receive the Account Created e-mail with new logon information.
- Dashboard Trend Chart Comparisons. The following features have been added:
- Using the Trend charts, you can now compare the Web traffic for a predefined date range with a previous period to detect any anomalies in Web activity.
- The predefined date range is shown as a line series, and the equivalent previous period is shown as a filled series.
- A Tooltip shows activity by metric, such as Visits, as well as the percentage change in activity from the previous to the current period.
- Dashboard Time Online Metric. The following features have been added:
- The Time Online metric has been added to the Top Users and Trend Users Dashboard charts. Time Online is an approximation of the time that a user spends on the Internet, based on the time stamps from Internet requests made as the user browses Web sites, the average number of minutes for reading a specific Web site, and the time spent reading the last Web site before the end of the browse session.
- With Time Online selected, you can hover over a bar or line in the charts to view the time in hours and minutes. On the Top Users chart, the time in hours is shown to two decimal places at the top of the bar if the value is not a whole number.
- With this metric selected, you can still drill down on the Top Users chart to generate a User Audit Detail report.
- Dashboard Database. Due to improvements to the Dashboard Charts, if your Dashboard database is too large, it will be archived during the upgrade. Customers who need to use existing data should contact Technical Support.
- Visit Filter. This includes the following changes:
- The Visit Filter is now enabled by default when upgrading the product or installing a new version. The default time period is set to 3 seconds.
- If the Visit Filter is disabled, the value for the time period is displayed as “-1.”
- When the Visit Filter is turned back on, the time period is reset to 3 seconds.
- Memory Settings. For new installations, the default memory setting is now 512 MB. For optimal performance, it is recommended that you choose the setting that is approximately half of your available memory (RAM). Go to Settings - Memory to increase this amount if necessary.
- Wavecrest Root Certificate. The root certificate has been updated to be more secure and to reduce errors or warning prompts. Existing customers will need to install the new certificate. For installation instructions, see Wavecrest Certificate Installation Guide.
- Web Blocking Message. On the Web Blocking Message page, the Wavecrest default blocking message is now displayed when switching from Message Type Redirect to Custom. Previously, the body of the message was blank page.
- Active Directory Lookup. On the Create Logon Account page, the Lookup button is now displayed when the Authentication option, Use Active Directory, is selected. Previously, the button was inadvertently not showing.
- Logon Account Menu Access. On the Modify Logon Account page, when the Account Type is changed from Administrator to Operator, the proper menus are now available after logging on with the operator account.
- Custom URL Entries. Custom URL entries now always have higher priority than standard URL entries. Previously, a URL match in the standard category superseded the custom URL in List 9.
- SSL Inspection. The SSL Inspection process was updated to use Server Name Indication (SNI) that allows multiple host names to be served over HTTPS from the same IP address. Previously, an invalid certificate error was received because host names did not match.
- Report Results Header. On the Report Results page, after making a selection from the Table of Contents drop-down box and scrolling back to the top of the report, the header containing the logon, Close link, Save and Print buttons, etc. was no longer displayed. This has been corrected.
- Copyright. The copyright statement and Wavecrest URL were updated in locations such as the blocking message editor (if applicable to your product) and report footers.
CyBlock Software upgrades are free to current Wavecrest customers. To download your update, log on at CyBlock Software Downloads.
Join our Early Adopter Program
Receive the latest solutions and have the opportunity to provide feedback directly to our development team. To learn more click here.
© Copyright 1996-2016 Wavecrest Computing. All Rights Reserved.