Cyfin is designed to work with SonicWALL. It integrates easily
into your current system configuration.
Cyfin is installed on a
server, not on the SonicWALL appliance
Log File Setup
Log File Type: SonicWALL Security Appliance
Cyfin Syslog Server listens for syslog messages from your SonicWALL device. Both UDP-based and TCP-based messages are supported.
- Select the SonicWALL Security Appliance log file configuration in Cyfin for your SonicWALL device.
- Specify the Directory in which the log files will be created. The default directory is C:\Program Files\Wavecrest\Cyfin\wc\cf\log.
- Select Enable Syslog Server.
- For Port Type, select UDP or TCP for the Internet protocol you want to use.
- In the Listening Port field, the default port number is 1455. The listening port will be used by your SonicWALL device to transfer the data. You may change this number if necessary.
- At your SonicWALL device, specify the IP address of the Cyfin server and the listening port, and submit the syslog messages.
- Your log files will be created and displayed in the Log File Viewer in Cyfin.
- If you have many of the same SonicWALL devices, use one log file configuration with one listening port, and point each SonicWALL device to the same listening port.